Sunday, December 25, 2011

Nou la! (We're Here)

(Written Wednesday) We have arrived! Travel was great and we had some wonderful reunions with our dear friends here. It’s been easy to slip right into our life here in Port-au-Prince. I think it is a profound gift that we are able to live in both of these vastly different worlds, and as soon as we go from one to the other, it feels as though we have never left. It’s beautiful here--in the 70’s with a lovely breeze. More and more rubble has been cleared since our last trip. I feel hopeful and alive.

We have a mom in early labor, but are sending her home to rest until things pick up. We ran to the grocery store for a few things this afternoon and our friend who lives here said to us, “I’ve got Starbucks coffee if you’d rather have that than Haitian coffee”. We ran out of café Rebo (Haitian coffee) in CA about a month ago so I was eager to stock up on Haitian coffee. It seems like it is human nature that we always want what we don’t have…

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back to Haiti. We saw you at the McHoul's on Christmas, I believe. I'll be following your blog.

    ReplyDelete