Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Christmas Baby Arrives Early-- December 22nd, 2012

Today we labored with a sweet little teen mom, who was courageous and strong and delivered a sweet baby boy. She didn't come to prenatal class yesterday, and when one of the staff members here gave her a hard time about this Nehemie replied "Mde. John, you know I always come to class, but yesterday my sister borrowed my shoes and I couldn't come without shoes".

 
We made sure her little guy had shoes when we dressed him up (though he really wasn't a fan of his hat!). It is always sweet to be able to attend a birth with a teen mom around the time of Christmas--as it puts into perspective what Mary might have gone through and frames the Christmas story through a new lens. In fact, this mama named her baby Lense, and I'm sure that he will be a new lens through which she sees and experiences the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment